Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Live Music

I love live music. There is something about getting to experience a musician doing what they do best on a stage that just gets me going. You start bobbing your head a little bit, and before you know you're completely lost in the moment, and you end up feeling like you know the artist. It's just good. I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Aaron Strumpel tonight, and as always he brought the goods. I've mentioned him before, but i just can't stress how honest and vulnerable and sweet his music his. Tonight as he was bantering between songs he said something that was just really cool......."I really struggle with not feeling loved, and not feeling like God loves me. I start getting busy, or listening to other things, and lies, and I just forget." And then he went into this song.

I remember the day you called my name, you said I was your child.
I remember the day you wrote the words, You wrote the book of love.
I remember your deeds, oh Dad, my God, I think I'll trust in you.

Love it. All we really have to do is just remember, right?