Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Some News

I recently injured my right hand attempting to do some white water tubing and the result has made typing rather difficult.... So today we have news links. Here are two stories I found interesting today while procrastinating at work.

Story 1: Higher Ed is a waste of money : as a grad student I find myself a little more interested in this article than I probably should be. The title sums up the article pretty well, and I found myself agreeing with most of it.

Story 2: Anne Rice quits Christianity:
I still don't know how I feel about this one, but its definitely interesting. To be honest I find myself sympathizing with her much more than I thought I would. There are people much smarter than me that have said that the church is the greatest stumbling block for christianity, and I guess it certainly rings true in this case.
And now to lighten the mood a funny picture!