Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Real World

I have been in graduate school for the past 3 years and it is now time to leave the nest. My first year of grad school a veteran grad student compared graduate school, or I guess any form of higher learning, with the stockholm syndrome. At first, you are miserable and hate your kidnappers (school), but as time goes on you forget about your horrible conditions and begin to sympathize with them. I'm realizing that I may have reached this point. I have been yearning to leave for years now and now that my time is finally up I'm a little hesitant. My working situation may be a hell hole, but it is a hell hole that I am familiar with. I know the routine and all the ins and outs, and if I leave.... everything will change and I will have to adapt to something new, which I say boo to. After having said all of that, I think that I'm ready to take the plunge and my employment options line up like this:

Whole Foods (Is it so wrong for me to still dream of being a hipster?)
Coffee Barista (See Whole Foods)
Some sort of random job (probably the most realistic choice)
Community College Professor (Eh? I could do that)
Chemistry Job (Kill me please)
Cool Chemistry Job (Doesn't exist)
And the Final choice: Back to school to do something I really want to do, public health anyone?

We'll see what happens, and now for your reading enjoyment, and A story that only happens in movies.

Here.