Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spoon!

There was a time, be it ever so brief, that I was a musical hipster. Nothing got me going quite like the hot sweaty smell of a jam packed venue filled with skinny hipsters. Last week the wife and I got to take a little stroll down memory lane and head down to see Spoon. The last time I saw spoon I was in the middle of a serious bout with poison ivy. It was a summer concert and I was out in the texas heat in a long sleeve shirt..... But I digress. We arrived early, soaked in the loveliness that is hipster culture, and waited for the openers to get off stage. And then Spoon came out and brought it for a good two hours. They have officially reached full blown rock star status. They are just freaking good musicians, tight pants and all. Highlight of the night was the The Ghost of You Lingers, the studio version of the song does not do it justice at all....... And after the concert, we took the long drive back got home ridiculously late, and went to work..... Growing up is not advantageous to being a hipster.