Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Last Supper

Holy week is upon us..... I always have a hard time really feeling the true weight of easter, and all that comes with it. Maybe it's the easter bunny and peeps, I'm not sure..... how do you really feel something that is this big and do it justice? Two things inevitably pop into my head this time of year though...

1. Jesus washed Judas's feet knowing he would betray him.... That is love.... and when I look myself in the mirror, am I washing my wife's feet? My friends? My co-workers? The people I randomly come in contact with? Even the people that make me want to jump off a bridge? The answer is a resounding not really (ok a resounding no).

2. John 13:18 quotes Psalm 41:9 and if you continue to read Psalm 41:10...."But you, O Lord, be gracious to me, and raise me up, that I may repay them!" we are repaid with love and not wrath.

Finally, a little old school music for your listening pleasure.

Dishwalla- Until I Wake Up